background

Monday, November 14, 2011

Silhouette

Here's what you will need:
Camera
Printer
Scissors
A piece of wood
Satin Mod Podge
Glue
Paint of any color
A piece of scrapbook paper




First I took a few pictures of my daughter and decided what would look the best for the silhouette. I then printed it to fit the paper.

I then cut the picture out and traced it on black paper.











                                                                                                                           

Cut out the black paper.
















At this point there are endless options. You can mat it on a piece of scrapbook paper, then frame it. Or you can frame it as is. I went to the local craft store and picked up a do-it-yourself wood clock. That looked like the best choice. I took it home and painted the edge of it.






I traced the scrapbook paper with the wood. I then painted the edge black (my personal preference).










I painted the whole piece of wood with Mod Podge, including the painted black edge. Then I stuck the scrapbook paper on top of the wood and Mod Podged the paper. I then stuck the silhouette right on top of the scrapbook paper and Mod Podged that as well.






It will eventually dry clear. I picked the satin Mod Podge because it is the middle of shiny and mat.
















I have decided to make these as Christmas presents for the Grandparents. I think they will like it. Win-Win! Something inexpensive and not at all time consuming to make and something that the Grandparents will keep on there wall for years to come. 

Another thing. I have not done so yet with this silhouette, but you can hang it many ways.You can buy a piece of ribbon, tie it in a bow and attach it to the wood in the back. You can also use a pull tab from a pop can. 


Again, the possibilities are endless. This is your project. Make it yours!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! I've been scouring Pinterest for grandparent gifts, and this is just perfect. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete