background

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Random Act of Kindness Around the Neighborhood

I decided to spend the day with my daughter planting pots with flowers. It was so much fun and it gave me a chance to explain to her about being kind to others just because. In a world of uncertainty, war, racism, sexism, poverty, fighting, dying, and sadness. We can carve this teeny tiny little piece of our world and make it positive. Just by doing these little things. I feel better standing out in the cold Seattle rain, handing my 4 year old daughter a card, watching her pick out which pot of flowers to run up to the door and drop off and see that huge smile on her face than going to another department store and buying a new pair of shoes I don't need, or a purse I don't need. This simple act of kindness made my day, made my daughters day, and hopefully put a smile on people's faces.

If this is something you would like to do this is what you will need: 
Pots Dollar store 3 for $1.00
Soil
Flowers. I found them at Lowes. 6 for $2.39
Small cards. I had them on hand, or you can have your child make them.

The total came to $27.00








1 comment:

  1. That is so incredibly sweet! Great idea that I will definitely do :)

    ReplyDelete