background

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crayon Art

I thought I would do the Pinterest project that everyone seems to be doing. After reading other blogs about this I figured it would be simple. Simple it was, as well as time consuming.

You will need:
Hair dryer
Glue gun
Any size poster board
Crayons
Time

I bought a box of 96 crayons.


  
I separated the colors.
 
I used the glue gun and glued each crayon to the board.


It takes time. Start by using the blow dryer at the base of the crayons, then go down into the poster board melting it down as far as it will drip. It took a good half hour straight to get it how I wanted it. 

Close up.

I may look into framing it later.


1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try this, too! Just thinking about lining all those pretty, brand new crayons up by color and shade makes my heart beat faster. And then blowing them away with heat... oh yes please!

    ReplyDelete