background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nail Polish Rack

You will need:

A shelf ( scored for $5.00 at Goodwill)
Fabric of your choice (found at Ben Franklin under $5.00)
Sand paper
Glossy spray paint (You can use flat or semi gloss if you aren't hanging it in a bathroom)
Staple gun
Scissors

            First I sanded the whole shelf. I did this to create a texture for the paint to adhere to.


Then I spray painted the shelf.  I had to use two coats to makes sure the paint completely covered the wood.  Using two light coats also reduces the risk of runs and/or drips.




I waited a good day for it to dry. Then used the fabric I purchased. 

 

I waited to cut the fabric. I stapled the fabric to the shelf first. Then I cut it to fit the back. 



The finished product. LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!




No comments:

Post a Comment